Cheers had several memorable recurring characters over the years. This category is a gathering place for them. Here, for the purposes of this wiki, a recurring character is a character that was not part of the cast, but appeared in at least two distinct episodes (not a two-part episode), either as part of a storyline, or for distinct purposes.
See also the "Barflies" category for a list of the background barflies.
- 'Andy-Andy' Schroeder (Derek McGrath), a psychotic ex-felon obsessed with Diane.
- Annie Tortelli (Amanda Ingber), Anthony Tortelli's girlfriend and later wife.
- Anthony Tortelli (Timothy Williams) one of Carla's sons.
- Beth Curtis (Amanda Wyss), Woody's ex-girlfriend from Indiana.
- Boggs (Duncan Ross), Diane's mother's butler, and later her step-father.
- Corrine (Doris Grau) a relief waitress at Cheers and also a waitress at the Hungry Heifer.
- Darryl Mead (Kevin Conroy), a ballplayer that Carla likes.
- Dave Richards (Fred Dryer), former teammate of Sam's and fellow girl-chaser, working in television.
- Dennis (Gerald Hiken), Martin Teal's assistant with a gift for sarcasm.
- Don Santry (Tom Berenger), a plumber who dates and later proposes to Rebecca.
- Doris (Cynthia Stevenson), Norm's odd secretary from his painting business.
- Eddie LeBec (Jay Thomas), goalie for the Bruins that Carla falls in love with and later marries.
- Elvis and Jesse LeBec (Danny Kramer, Thomas Tulak), the twins Carla and Eddie had.
- Esther Clavin (Frances Sternhagen), Cliff's overbearing mother.
- Evan Drake (Tom Skeritt), corporate head and oblivious love interest of Rebecca's.
- Father Barry (Eric Christmas), local Catholic priest.
- Fire Marshall Dobbins (Robert Machray), stern local fire marshall.
- Frederick Crane (Christopher and Kevin Graves), Frasier and Lilith's son.
- Gary (Joel Polis, Robert Disiderio), rival bar owner that Sam has an increasingly elaborate feud with.
- Gino Tortelli (Josh Lozoff), Carla's lothario son.
- Gloria LeBec (Anne De Salvo), Eddie's 'other' wife that Carla discoveres after Eddie dies.
- Harrison Fiedler (Dean Dittman), local justice of the peace.
- Harry "The Hat" Gittes (Harry Anderson), local con man Sam distrusts intensely.
- Henrí (Anthony Cistaro), French girl-chaser and layabout, Kelly's friend and Woody's rival for her affection.
- Hives (Robert Cornthwaite), Mr. Gaines's butler.
- John Allen Hill (Keene Curtis), proprietor of Melville's in later episodes, who Sam feuds with.
- Kelly Gaines (Jackie Swanson), Woody's rich, naive girlfriend and later wife.
- Kirby (Peter Keleghan), man who buys Sam's Corvette.
- Lewis (Sam Scarber), Cliff's big scary friend from the post office.
- Loretta Tortelli (Jean Kasem), Nick's airheaded wife.
- Louis Pascal (Peter Vogt), Lilith's colleague that briefly steals her away from Frasier.
- Ludlow Tortelli (Jarrett Lennon), Carla's precocious son by Dr. Bennett Ludlow.
- Madame Lazora (Georgia Brown), Carla's spiritualist guide.
- Margaret O'Keefe (Annie Golden), Cliff's on-again, off-again girlfriend.
- Marshall Lipton (Mark King), professor at MIT and occasional visitor to Cheers.
- Martin Teal (Alex Nevil), young corporate bigwig that takes an interest in Rebecca.
- Miles (Webster Williams), Robin's chauffeur.
- Nick Tortelli (Dan Hedaya), Carla's gruesome ex-husband.
- Robin Colcord (Roger Rees), wealthy businessman and love interest for Rebecca.
- Serafina Tortelli (Leah Remini), one of Carla's daughters.
- Sumner Sloan (Michael McGuire), Diane's former paramour, and professor.
- Vera Peterson (Bernadette Birkett), Norm's wife.
- Walt Twitchell (Raye Birk), Cheers's postal carrier and a rival of Cliff's.
- Walter Gaines (Richard Doyle), Kelly's wealthy, aristocratic father.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Barflies (11 P)