After suffering a humiliating loss to Gary's Olde Town Tavern in softball, the gang at Cheers challenges their rivals to a bowling tournament. Initially relying on Woody's skills as a bowler (from his Hanover, Indiana days) the bar psyches themselves up thinking they'll win. However, Woody's ability is hampered because his bowling once caused a severe injury to an alley employee. When Woody is unable to even throw a ball in the tourney, Diane steps up and reveals that she'd become quite a skilled roller during college. She leads the team to victory.
- Shelley Long as Diane Chambers
- Ted Danson as Sam Malone
- Rhea Perlman as Carla Tortelli
- John Ratzenberger as Cliff Clavin
- George Wendt as Norm Peterson
- Woody Harrelson as Woody Boyd
Recurring / Guest stars: