We return to Cheers six months later. Sam has sold the bar to a large corporation so he could buy a boat and sail around the world. Diane's book deal didn't pan out, but she's found work out in California writing for TV shows. Carla and Woody are still employed at Cheers, which now has a uniform for its employees. Frasier is the last of the regulars still clinging to Cheers as his usual hang out, with Norm and Cliff having moved on. But when Sam returns, he wants to bring Cheers back to its former glory. To do this, he has to go through Rebecca Howe, the corporate businesswoman who's in charge of running Cheers.
- This is Kirstie Alley's first appearance on the show.
- This episode marks the first time, the 1987 Paramount Television closing logo was used, and it has a Gulf+Western byline. On early episodes of this season, a 75th anniversary logo was used.
- Ted Danson as Sam Malone
- Kirstie Alley as Rebecca Howe
- Rhea Perlman as Carla Tortelli
- John Ratzenberger as Cliff Clavin
- George Wendt as Norm Peterson
- Woody Harrelson as Woody Boyd
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
Recurring / Guest stars: